EA SPORTS GRAND SLAM TENNIS 2 IN STORES TODAY
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – February 14, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced that EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis 2 is available in retail stores worldwide today. The EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis franchise will be coming to high definition for the first time and will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3, including support of the PlayStation® Move controller. EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis 2 features top past and present athletes including John McEnroe, Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal, and is the only place to play all four Grand Slam championships. Now players can experience the thrill of serving up aces on the prestigious Centre Court at The Championships, Wimbledon – exclusive to EA SPORTS or hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open.
“We’re excited to bring the EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms where we can leverage the power of these high definition consoles and give it the level of authenticity and depth that EA SPORTS games are known for,” said Dean Richards, General Manager, Team & Action Sports, EA SPORTS. “We feel like we’re bringing the first real innovation to the tennis category in a while with the Total Racquet Control system, and truly put the racket in the palm of your hands with really strong PlayStation Move integration.”
EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
· All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power.
· Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession – including Wimbledon (exclusive to the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise).
· PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands.
· Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams.
· Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass.
· ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive or rewrite some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe, to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
· EA SPORTS Game Face: Use the Game Face Creator web application to make a lifelike 3D avatar as a playable character in the game.
EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 is in development at EA Canada in Vancouver and is rated E by the ESRB and PEGI 3; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information. For more information on EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2, please visit www.easports.com/grandslamtennis2 or become a fan of EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EASPORTSGrandSlamTennis
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game communities, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.