THE Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES KICKS OFF THE 2011 DUELING YEAR IN THE DALLAS AREA FEBRUARY 12-13
EL SEGUNDO, CA (January 11, 2011) –Dallas-Fort Worth area, get ready to Duel! Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (Konami) is bringing its global phenomenon Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) to town. With more than 22 BILLION cards sold worldwide in the last ten years, the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) was officially entered into the logs of the Guinness World Records™ on July 7th, 2009 as the best-selling trading card game of all time!
Hundreds of Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Duelists will be locked in fierce head-to-head matches at the Arlington Convention Center February 12th- 13th, looking to become Champion of this premier-level Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG event. Many will enter, but only one will win it all!
This event will mark the tournament debut of February’s highly-anticipated Storm of Ragnarok card set. This spectacular set will bring new monsters from the past into Duelists’ Decks, including the Viking gods – Odin, Thor, and Loki – plus the Legendary Six Samurai from the far east. In Dallas, Duelists will slug it out to see how these new monsters fare against the top decks from 2010, like the sword-wielding X-Sabers and the high-flying Blackwing monsters.
Pre-registration for YCS Dallas will run from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Friday, February 11th and resume promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 12th. Round One will begin at 10:00 a.m. The Top 16 YCS finishers, along with the top Duelists of the weekend’s Regional Qualifiers, earn invitations to participate in their respective 2011 World Championship Qualifier events, to be held later in the year. Duelists, upon paying their registration fee, will receive five Storm of Ragnarok booster packs just for participating in Konami’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series.
Arlington Convention Center
Exhibit Hall 2 – 4
1200 BALLPARK WAY
Arlington, TX 76011
In addition to the main event, Konami will be offering a full slate of Public Events such as Regional Qualifiers, Tin Challenges, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mat, Dragon Duel and a tournament for the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia video game. The top Duelist in the video game tournament will win ten booster packs. Top finishers in the Dragon Duel events (for Duelists age 12 and under) and in the YCS main event will also receive free tickets to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time 3D movie!
Konami will award a set of the YCS prize cards to the main event winner, the two runners-up, and the winners of Sunday’s two Public Events playoffs. Each of these Duelists will receive one copy of each of the three YCS prize cards: Ultra Rare versions for the winner of the main event, and Super Rare copies for the others.
• 1st place – Set of Ultra Rare YCS Prize Cards; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Game Mat; Netbook plus 500 BoosterPass Points for Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Duel Accelerator; a free ticket to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D movie; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 2nd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; iPad Wi-Fi 32 GB; Konami iPad game codes to be used on the iPad; YCS Game Mat; a free ticket to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D movie; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 3rd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; 32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; a free ticket to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D movie; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 4th place –32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; a free ticket to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D movie; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 5th – 8th place – DSi XL with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia ; YCS Game Mat; a free ticket to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D movie; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Duelist Revolution; Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia; YCS Game Mat; a free ticket to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D movie; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
If attendance exceeds 513 Duelists:
● 17th – 32nd place – YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
Duelists unable to participate in YCS Dallas can watch up-to-the minute live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.
Each Saturday morning in the United States Duelists can catch one classic TV episode, along with two additional TV episodes from the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s animated series, on TheCW4Kids block. For more information on Konami, the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 22 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI’s software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 22 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.
KONAMI is a registered trademark of KONAMI CORPORATION.